HAVE YOU GOT A QUERY REGARDING THE MOTAT COLLECTION?
For information about specific collection items, please visit our Collections Online.
We’d love to hear from you if you have an item that you think might be right for our collection, but please don’t bring it to MOTAT or send it by post without arranging with us first.
HOW TO DONATE TO THE COLLECTION
So that we can determine whether MOTAT would make a good home for your item, you’ll need to send us as much information as you can via the collection offer form.
Before you complete the form, please be aware that:
• We don’t accept items on loan.
• We can’t accept items with specific conditions attached.
• We can’t accept hazardous items unless there are compelling reasons. Hazardous items include firearms, objects containing asbestos, and explosive, flammable, poisonous, potentially carcinogenic or radioactive material.
WHAT HAPPENS IF YOUR ITEM IS ACCEPTED
• You will be contacted by one of our Curators who will start the discussion about the significance of the item offered.
• A donation form will be prepared to legally transfer ownership of the item to MOTAT.
• After it is catalogued, an online record will be created.
• The item may be included in temporary exhibitions or loaned to other accredited institutions.
• It will be available for research by our curators and visitors.
WHY WE MIGHT SAY NO TO YOUR OFFER
We can’t take everything that is offered to us, so if we don’t accept your item, please don’t be offended. It may be for one of the following reasons:
• We already have a similar item in our collection.
• The item isn’t in good enough condition, is hazardous or is broken.
• There isn’t enough information about the history of the item.
• If your item is not suitable for our collection, we’ll try to advise you of another institution that may be interested.
Please complete the form below:
Please use the owner's details if different from the enquirer.