Each STEAM kit from MOTAT contains a unique set of resources to enrich your curriculum and engage your class with science and technology, while supporting soft skills and competencies development.
With free delivery and return across Aotearoa, all you have to worry about is choosing which activities to do with your students!Book Now
There are a range of kits available, each accompanied by learning resources and supporting information. For more info call (09) 815 5808.
1. Dot and Dash Robotics Learnable – The Dot and Dash learnable kit helps students to learn the language of coding and how to use this knowledge to program the Dot and Dash robots to complete tasks.
The resources and activities in this learnable are designed to encourage students to work collaboratively, communicate effectively with each other, problem-solve, and self-manage their time.
2. Electricity Learnable - Using this resource kit, students will be introduced to the concepts of electricity, conductivity, static charges, and circuits.
The electricity learnable sparks curiosity in students by giving them a set of surprising experiments to complete. It then allows them to dive deeper into the subject through further study and exploration of the Brainbox circuitry equipment.
3. Magnets Learnable - The Magnets learnable will introduce students to the concepts of magnetism, polarity, magnetic fields and electromagnetism.
This kit gives students all that they need to broaden their knowledge of magnets beyond the kitchen fridge. It dives into real world magnetic applications like motors, compasses, electricity generation, and more.
4. Turing Tumble Learnable - The Turing Tumble classroom kit gives students an opportunity to build their own marble powered computers! Designed to be used in pairs, Turing Tumbles strip back computers to their most basic form and help users to understand exactly what is going on beneath the hood of their devices.
Turing Tumbles are an incredibly creative, non-screen way to teach students about coding, logic, and binary. Better yet, students manage their own progress through following an exciting comic book story that contains all the challenges.
5. Micro:bit Learnable - Micro:bits are pocket sized computers that teach students a vast range of digital skills. Using challenges from the Micro:bit website, students can program Micro:bits to play games, get active, create animations, and even protect local ecosystems!
MOTAT’s Micro:bit kit also comes with additional specialised equipment such as streetlights, LED lights, and game controllers to allow students to program familiar, real world objects.
Greatly improve your student’s computational thinking skills and collaborative skills with MOTAT’s micro: bit learnable.
6. Ngā Paruauru Iti – Little Gardeners (ECE) - Tamariki will be able to plant seeds, go on a garden scavenger hunt, explore garden wild life as well as learning about how early Māori grew crops.
7. Dinosaur Steps Learnable - Suitable for year 0-3 - Dinosaur Steps uses a play based approach to learning with a hands on, practical kit. The Dinosaur Steps resource introduces and develops understanding of algorithms. An accompanying fun, educational app that takes students to the next stage of Digital Technologies understanding and knowledge with programming & Augmented Reality.
This Learnable will cover the following areas of coding:
Algorithms & Programming
10 Dinosaur Steps kits
10 iPads with the app already downloaded
|Learnable Kit||Price Per Week|
|Dot and Dash Robotics||$200|
|Ngā Paruauru Iti – Little Gardeners (ECE)||$100|